Introduction for HP Officejet 4630 Fax Setup
A HP Officejet 4630 Fax or a telecopy is the transmission of a scanned document through a telephone line to the phone number associated with the printer. The document to be sent is scanned and converted to its digital form. In this digital form, the information is transmitted as electrical signals through the telephone lines. At the receiving end these signals are reconverted and printed. Do HP Officejet 4630 Fax Setup, fax feature that scans the document to be faxed and sends it via a telephone connection to another fax enabled machine. Faxing is more secure than email as it uses a dedicated landline instead of an Internet connection.
HP Officejet 4630 Fax Setup Requirements
Before you do HP Officejet 4630 Fax Setup make sure of the following:
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the printer’s adapter.
- Setting up
- The method you use to set up HP OfficeJet 4630 Fax on your printer, depends on the equipment and services you have on your phone. The following steps show how to set up fax using a voice line and a telephone answering machine.
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your HP printer is connected.
- From the rear of the printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machine phone cord to the port 2-EXT. Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the printer.
- Make sure to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the HP 4630 Fax icon on the Home Screen of the printer control panel.
- Select HP Officejet 4630 Fax Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to set up your printer as a fax machine.
Easy Steps for HP Officejet 4630 Fax Setup
We are an individual technical support center to guide users on their products. The contents provided on this website are only for reference and to provide information. The images are not copied from any of the sites, and we deny the user’s ownership for this site unless specified.